Passport / Visa
For citizens of the following countries, the visa is not requested for short term stays :
- 90 days: Bosnia and Herzegovina, San Marino
- 60 days: Mauritius
- 30 days: Bahamas, Barbados, Belarus, Ecuador, Fiji, Grenada, Qatar, Serbia, Seychelles, Tonga, United Arab Emirates.
- 15 days: Brunei, Japan, Singapore.
Holders of passports issued by the following 49 countries do not require a visa for a 144-hour stay if they are transiting through Shenzhen Airport. However, passengers need to provide ticket showing their first destination, which should be outside China, nor could it be in the same country as the inbound flight.
- All European Union citizens, Albania, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Iceland, Japan, Macedonia, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, New Zealand, Qatar, Russia, South Korea, Switzerland, Ukraine, United States.
- Messengers who enter China by Shenzhen Airport or Jieyang Airport under transition condition cannot leave the area of Guangdong Province
The 5-day visa on arrival is also issued at several land crossings from Hong Kong to Shenzhen, at Luohu, Huanggang, Shekou and Fuyong ports.